So new things are happening. I scored a babysitting job...finally...after 2 months of searching on Care.com. If you are looking for a nanny/babysitting job I recommend this site. This will be my second job I have found through their website and I have been very pleased with the results. I will be starting this week babysitting a little girl who is 21 months old. This girl is a true blessing to her mama, she was born with meningitis and was in the NICU for about 6 weeks when she was born. The doctors said she wasn't going to walk or even see. What a miracle? She can see and she can walk just fine. Right now she struggles with her speech. She can't quite talk yet but that is something they work on in her physical therapy each week. I am excited to work with this family because the mother is a single hardworking mom and the baby's grandparents are highly involved with their grandchild. They hired me to go to their home around 3 AM. Yes very early because the mama works at the airport in Vegas and they just need me to be there until she wakes up and then I take her to daycare by 8:30. I will being doing this about 3 to 4 days a week. It's a huge sacrifice with sleep but I can lay down as soon as I get to her house and then get up when the little girl does. This seems to work out perfect because we only have one vehicle and I can get home before Tim goes to work and I am helping financially. I am also doing something that I love to do. Its exciting to see God work in his own timing. Its just the matter of us being patient and waiting to see what He has planned for us. I feel like the Lord gave me some time to settle in and then found a job that He sees fit for me to do in the time being. I have the mom and the grandparents and it seems like a perfect for both sides. I am looking forward to developing a relationship with them and seeing how this goes along.
On another note, Vegas is a place where everyone comes from every where. It also shows me how small our world really is even though it seems so BIG! It's so easy to get to know people. Most people will ask what brought you here to Vegas? Well, as all of you know who has been reading our posts its the Lord + Grace Point Church. So when people ask us, its easy to get into a conversation and tell people about Grace Point and inviting them to church. Plus we have met people who are from Louisville, KY who went to seminary there, people who are from the eastern part of the U.S. such as West Virginia, and Indiana! Unlike KY, no one would ever ask you what brought you to KY because most people have always lived there their entire life...haha!
July 4th is coming up and we will be participating in our first community service with the church called Independence Day Jubilee on Tuesday (7/3)! We are very excited to participate in this event because this is what Grace Point is all about...living in and for the community! We are getting to know the people who live in the city and inviting them to Grace Point. This event is very big, so big that our city asked for 60 volunteers from our church! It's held at the Seastrand Park, a park very close to where we live. So we are very excited to serve and to meet new people around our community. We will update you on this event this week or the next!
Hope everyone has a safe and Happy 4th of July!

No comments:
Post a Comment