We are finally settling in! Its been about 3 1/2 weeks and we pretty much don't need a GPS to get around unless we need to find a new place in the Las Vegas area. I love modern technology wouldn't know what to do without a GPS! Whoever thought of a GPS is genius! Living in a new place is still not real. I think it takes a while for your brain to rewire itself that you aren't actually living in the same area you have lived in your entire life. Even just realizing that we really aren't in KY and not even close enough to drive. That we actually have to hop on a plane just to travel. Our whole world has changed! About the second day of work Tim was discouraged and didn't like where he was working, told him he needed to give it some time because he was absolutely spoiled at his other store :) So he is taking it one day at a time at work. He says the people are just different and the store is ran different as well. I believe it's hard to adjust to something new because we are so comfortable in what we knew. For me its being home constantly with Kaelyn. Before we moved I was working part time as a newborn photographer and working about 10-15 hours a week. Now its a full time stay at home mom work, no coworker relationship and I can't go out when I please with Kaelyn. We also had the convenience of Tim always working close to home so if we had to deal with one car it wasn't a big deal to take him to work and me have the car and come pick him up. Now he works about 12 miles away from home and it takes about 25 mins to get there and 25 mins to get back to where we live. So not sure it's worth the gas money to go back and forth to have the car. Man, we were spoiled. Before we moved here we decided to sell Tim's car because it wasn't worth the gas money to drive a car and the moving truck. Plus they have a smog test here and Tim's car wouldn't have passed so we are dealing with one car as of now. I have thought about picking up another job but with trying to line up the same hours and dealing with one vehicle plus having to find a sitter feels like it is too much work. Not that it can't be done but I don't have a lot of confidence about it and don't want to be stressed. So I am trying to be content with being home with Kaelyn. When I do I have a job I feel like I am helping our family finically and I feel I have some importance in the world. Plus, I worked for 2 years so going from working to nothing it's just odd. Not sure if having a job is for me right now though I desire one but trying to figure out things with one car and a sitter just not sure if it's worth it. Besides adjusting to a lot of things which I think we have done pretty well so far we are now getting involved with Grace Point. Tim has been meeting with the Pastor weekly getting a feel for Grace Point and working on a few things to get a perspective of being a Pastor and what it is like to plant a church. For myself I have decided to volunteer to work with the 2s because they need a lot of help. They have a lot of toddlers, much different from Durbin. I think this past Sunday when I helped there were at least 10-12 toddlers during first service. Last week I was told by another girl they had 25 all together. So they are looking for people who can help. Since I worked a lot with the nursery at Durbin I figured I could help at Grace Point because I enjoyed it so much. This gives me an opportunity to meet new parents and children. I hope to one day to get a few play dates and develop relationships with other mommys at the church.
Did I mention how hot it is out here? We will be experiencing up to 109 this week. On average, since we have been out here it's been at least over a 100 degrees every day! Kaelyn and I have been to the pool quite a bit out here! Though Vegas heat is very different from KY. Here it just feels like a blow dryer on your face. Just sunny and breezy most days. No humidity, but its so hot that the sweat evaporates so quickly unlike in KY you are dripping with sweat. So lots of water and popsicles for Kaelyn!
More to come later.
No comments:
Post a Comment