The Shepherd Journey

Friday, March 11, 2011

Eye Update!


So, lots of things have happened since the beginning of February when I had last written. I feel like I should write more but I always procrastinate and say I don't have time. But anyways, last Sunday we had an eye issue with Kaelyn. She woke with both eyes swollen, and red around both eyelids and both eyes were very gunky and one was closed completely from the nastiness. I was somewhat freaked out and didn't know what to do but decided to call her Pediatrician and thankfully they had open office hours between 8-noon! They told me to bring her in. I wasn't for sure she had an eye infection or if her eye ducts were really acting up, all I knew was I had never seen her eyes look like that before!
So, we took her in and really I don't think the pediatrician knew what it really was. He told us it could be an infection or a little bit of pink eye. Which it seemed that she didn't have pink eye cause her eyes weren't showing any pink just gunky. So he gave us some eye drops to put in her eyes for 5 days 2xs a day. With a child that doesn't like to be told what to do it was quite difficult to do. I literally had to pull her eyelid open while Tim put one drop in each eye and of course she cried like we were murdering her. So sad but we had to do it! He also told us if it didn't clear up by today to call him. Well, the stuff worked great! By the second day her eyes were cleared up and there was no gunk around her eyes. Yay! Thankfully, that stuff worked and her eyes actually look like there are doing great! Her right eye which is the clogged eye duct eye isn't even tearing or glazed over!! I hope this means that we are done with the eye issues!!
We are looking forward to St. Patty's Day! We have a cute little outfit and bling her to wear for her pictures that I have to take of her this week!! So stay in tune for her St. Patty Picture!!

No comments:

Post a Comment