So, not good at this whole blogging thing. I always feel like I don't have much to say and it's mostly about Kaelyn. Which I need to give an update. We took her to the eye doctor on Jan 26th to check our her clogged eye duct. I am so proud of her because she was so good the whole time. While we were waiting she entertained all the old people that surrounded us. Even one lady wanted to pick her up and help her walk. They of course told us how cute she was and wanted to know why we were there. We had told them what was going on and they said they hoped that she wouldn't have to have surgery. Well, we went to the office and she was sitting on my lay eating a bunch of cheerios. The eye doctor took a q-tip and pressed on her duct and checked to see if she could see ok. As he pushed on it, she seemed not to care and I think she was fascinated by his comb over...haha! Well, Tim was and wanted to take a pic but didn't get a chance...lol!! Besides that he asked if he was concerned and had questions. Normally I don't have many but just asked if it was bad and if we have to do surgery. He said I am not concerned and it looks like you aren't either. Which is very true because it seems like it has gotten better as she has gotten older. In my mind I just want it to go away so people will stop asking us if she has been crying and for her sake not having to wipe her eye every second of the day.
So, the news is...is to keep watching it and I suppose she will grow out of it. The good news she has never had an infection that I am aware of and he said normally it gets worse with colds. Well, she's never had any of those and so therefore it should go away in due time. So we are just waiting out to see if anything changes within 6-12 months. So far so good and I don't have to worry about her having eye surgery! Such a relief but poor thing has no hope when she begins grade school or maybe before. I have had bad eyesight since 5th grade. Astigmatism and near sideness and Tim just got glasses for the first time this year! He just needs mostly for reading though because of where he is on the computer a lot. Besides that I am so happy for the good news so far!!
Besides Miss lil Kaelyn I am very excited about Valentine's Day!! Leah my friend made her a dress and I am very very excited about!!
No comments:
Post a Comment