The Shepherd Journey

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Blessed Photography!

So, as you all know I have been in photography for close to a year in fact May 5th will be a year that I have been with the company called Our365.
Who would have thought I would have fallen in love with photography and with strangers babies every single day? Sometimes I even ask the mom if I can take them home which I know the answer...lol! :)I would say the hardest part of my job is patience with new mamas. Most of the time I have to come back twice to their rooms mostly because they are feeding baby or they don't have an outfit yet, but hey it happens and I have gotten use to it. I would say the best part of my day is photographing the new life that God had brought into each family's lives. Most of the time the baby is barely a day old or right at a day old when we photograph them. But then, you have your NICU babies who are 2-4 months old and weigh a whopping 5 pounds just healthy enough to go home. NICU is a special place and most of the time when I go in there it makes me feel sad but also thankful that Kaelyn has always been a healthy child at least for the last 14 months. God has blessed us for sure. I will never forget the day when I went into the NICU photographing a baby and the next baby beside it was right at 10 months and born around the same time Kaelyn was. When I blatantly said to a nurse I have never seen a baby that big before in here and she turned to me and said "Oh, that baby is getting ready to go to Heaven." That day I wanted to cry as she told me that with no feeling or respect of privacy for that family. It was so sad to see that baby lying there hooked up to a ventilator with barely enough room to fit in the little bed they had her on. I just couldn't imagine what the parents felt having to only look at their baby hooked up with all those tubes. So sad!
But on a happier note, we get to photograph healthy babies who are going home that day or the next. We get to celebrate the life who God healed and for the parents to take home. Which I am sure its hard and an enduring process to go through! But to get to my point about NICU I got to do a beautiful baby girl who has Down Syndrome! The first baby I had photographed with Down's. She was darling and I got to capture a beautiful grin she had on her face! Today is one of those days that makes me love my job even more!! I have the opportunity to capture a moment in time that the parents will once forget but will be able to remember by looking at a photograph that they will cherish forever!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing! Love ya girlie. It was so nice to see you last week!

    ReplyDelete