The Shepherd Journey

Friday, September 24, 2010

Fall Is Here!

Fall is Here! I absolutely love the Fall season!! I love everything about the leaves falling, cooler weather, and Halloween!! Its letting us know that holidays are approaching and I am very excited!! Recently, I have decided to make Kaelyn a tutu for Halloween. We also got her a t-shirt from Old Navy that says Happy Halloween!! I will also be making a hair-bow to match! My friend Lesley will be helping me make her a candy corn Halloween dress which I am very excited about as well!! Some people have been asking me how I made it or how I found out how to so I am going to post how to make a tutu!
Supplies:
2 yards of Tulle
Elastic band 1/2 to 1 inch wide
Scissors
Thread
Needle


This is what I used for Kaelyn's Halloween Tutu.
I cut the tulle into long 6 inch strips and then cut those strips into 3rds. About 25 inches long.



These are the strips I cut out. I apologize that I didn't get a picture of the elastic band but I just measured around Kaelyn's waist and cut about an inch and a half off what I measured for Kaelyn because the elastic does stretch out. After I cut the elastic I just sewed the ends together.




This is what it should look like. I put the elastic band around Kaelyn's formula can because at the time I didn't have a paper towel roll to use but it worked. I used the double knot system instead of the slip knot to make it look fuller.

I can't wait to put this on Kaelyn and take pictures of her!!




Here is the tutorial I used from Youtube. It will be a little more explanatory! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zl9dgCs-mv0

I hope someone can use this and make really cute Tutu's! They are so easy and fun to make. It probably took me about 3 hours all together because I had to cut the strips out myself. If you get the 6 inch tulle rolls it will make this project a little easier. Next project will be Kaelyn's Halloween dress! Yay!
So excited for Halloween! I think Kaelyn will be a pink kitty!!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment