The Shepherd Journey

Friday, August 20, 2010

Too Long!


Ok, so I just realized tonight that its been way too long since I have wrote. I am usually better at this but lately life has been crazy. August in general has been busy. Last weekend my best friend got married!! I was the MOH and had a lot of fun!! We only got about an hour and a half sleep...we decorated, cleaned and went out to walmart to get a few last things at 2 am. I stayed the night up in Louisville and it was fun to have some girl time and take off from mommy duties! Though I did miss my cutie and the hubbs!!
This week on Thurs morning my hubbs went to Kobe, Japan on a mission trip with 4 other ppl in our church. They are over there helping out the missionaries and sharing the word with those who don't know the Lord. I struggled for a while because I really wanted to go to Japan but I decided to stay back to take care of Kaelyn. I still have to go to work next week but Tim's dad and sis are coming up to help me all next week with Kaelyn. Very thankful! I just didn't want to leave her and plus she needs her mommy! I know there will be more opportunities to go on mission trips with Tim and I will be more comfortable leaving her when she gets older. I was just more paranoid because she is very demanding and I was afraid no one else could take care of her as good as mommy can!! As Tim is there though I am at peace and knowing God didn't have a place for me to be there! Though I would love to be at both places at once. It is very different to know that he won't be going to sleep in the same bed with me or not being able to kiss or talk to him on a daily basis. I know both of us will grow from this experience! I just hope this week will go quicker since I will be distracted by work everything.
Though he will be gone for 8 more days I have something to look forward to...his notes that he left behind!! :) The sweetest thing he has done in a while!! I absolutely love it...its a sweet countdown and I love to hear from him even its in a note...I hear his voice!! He is the best hubbs ever! I know its hard for him to be there and to leave us behind but I know God has called him over there to help bring people to the Lord!! I am so thankful for an obedient hubbs who wants to serve the Lord with all his heart!!
Besides Japan, Kaelyn has been growing like crazy. Recently, she has tried puffs for the first time and she loves them. She loves her baby food and I sometimes wonder if she is bored with her formula because she doesn't want to drink as much but I think its just because she is getting fuller off of her food. She is exercising her fine motor skills very well...she is picking up the puffs with both hands. She picks up the puff with her right hand and squeezes it a million times. So I put another one down on her chair and she picks it up with her left hand and tries to put it her mouth. Most of the time she misses but she has got it in a few times!! Its so much fun to watch her eat them!! She is such a cutie!!
Anyways, if you are reading this please pray for my hubbs and the 4 others who are over there that they will boldly share their faith and they will stay safe! Also that I will stay sane and that I won't miss hubbs to much! Thanks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment