The Shepherd Journey

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Six Words!


My life in 6 words...
Hectic,Rewarding,Exhausting,Fulfilling,Chaos & Happiness
These words cannot explain enough of how out of control my life feels since baby Kaelyn has been here! There are days that I feel like I can't satisfy her enough and I just want to give up. I want to the ignore the endless crankiness and in the middle of the night cries. Sometimes I want to hide underneath the blankets and stay in bed all day w/out dealing w/ mommy duties. It's a world of trying to figure out what another human being needs w/out talking. I know it is wishful thinking but I want to be the mommy who has it altogether but what mommy really does?
As a mother your priorities change...baby always comes first even if u have company! There is no entertaining company its entertaining ur lil one while u try to boggle crankiness while company is around while trying to control the dog to not smother them. Shew, it seems the work doesn't get cut out. As, a mommy I feel robotic and do the same thing every 2-3 hrs...feed, feed, and feed. If baby naps I only have about 2 hrs to myself which consists of internet, cleaning and managing to keep baby asleep until the next feeding so I will have some time to myself.
The reality of mommyhood is tough but the joy she brings me every day is priceless. I love to look at her sweet face and see her smiling when she is satisfied. She tries to coo and show that she loves me! Nothing else is better compared to that lil baby who depends on u for everything and to know ur the only one who can truly comfort her in ways that no one else can! Kaelyn has challenged my patience, my love, and priorities. But I know that I am truly blessed and grateful that God has sent us this lil bundle of joy!
Mommy + Daddy + Baby = One Blessed Life!

2 comments:

  1. So I took a few moments to try to think of something that might be awe inspiring. I attempted to think of some inspirational words to say to make you feel better about your "robotic" state. Then, I realized that the kids just went down for a nap and I only have 2 hours to:

    Clean up their lunch mess.

    Wash up the dishes and straighten the kitchen.

    Fold three loads of laundry, attempt to get two more loads done and all of it put away.

    Get ready for a visitation that we have to go to tonight.

    So to you I say this: IT GETS EASIER! IT GETS BETTER! I know that you must have heard this a thousand times. Bit its true. Believe me. I am speaking from experience. Steal time for you whenever you can. :)

    ReplyDelete