The Shepherd Journey

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Oh Baby Love...


There is nothing like a challenge when a baby is crying and it seems that you try everything and nothing works. I nurse her for an hour, I changer her diaper, we play and she still whines. The only way she can communicate is her crying. They say there is a difference in their cries but is there really? They seem to just run together or just get louder. Its so hard to read a baby's mind!
No one ever tells you the reality of what its like to have a baby until you actually have one. That you learn daily and deal with the frustration. Kaelyn is a good baby! She loves to be in mommy's arms and loves the warmth when she nurses. She is very paticular usually though, she needs mommy or daddy to walk around to go to sleep most of the time. Which is not something u want to do in the wee hours of the night. I have to say though her sleeping pattern is getting a little more predictable and I am not seeing 3 am but instead I am seeing 5 or 6 am after her last feeding around 10 or 11 pm at night.
She is 6 weeks today and my oh my how she has grown! Not sure how much she weighs now but I know my arm starts hurt after I hold her a while. When she was first born to about a month my arm never hurt! Lately, she is dealing with constipation which has tested my patience because sometimes you just don't know what to do! We have tried Karo syrup, rectal thermometer and then the suppository! The suppository has worked but she is still not pooping on a regular basis it is still at 3 to 4 days and we wonder when is she going to poop! Funny how you worry about a little baby pooping and just anticipating it at each every diaper change!
Any who, I love being a mom! Its very rewarding but it has changed my life dramatically. Its a 24/7 job and you never get a break. For the rest of my life I will have another life that I put before me to provide for! If someone tells you being a mom is easy they are totally wrong!! The love for that lil person God created keeps me going on a daily basis!! She is a sweetheart and we are doing this together each and every day!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! You are a wonderful mommy! Kaelyn is so precious - it'll get easier. Hang in there babe. Love blogging <3

    ReplyDelete