Date: January 5th
Time: 6:31 PM
Weight: 7 lbs 1 oz and 19 inches long
Kaelyn is finally here!! With two weeks at home we have approximately have used 100 diapers or more and have had many sleepless nights with at least 2-5 hour intervals! Shew, I am completely exhausted! There have been plenty of times I have wanted to throw in the towel with breastfeeding but I know that is what is best for her and for me as well!! With all that said she is still the best thing I have ever accomplished/received in my life!!
Labor was insanely exhausting and very long! Monday(Jan 3rd) we went to our doctor appt and a few hours later we were informed that we were going to be induced and having her a lil girl! I was still 1 1/2 cm dilated at 39 weeks and 3 days. We were admitted to the hospital at 1 and received what is called the cervadil which took 12 hours to soften my cervix. The whole time I could not sleep only because I had to pee every two hours or she was off the monitors. By 4 AM I received Pitocin and still not dilated but at least 60% effaced. The Pitocin level goes to at least in 24 levels..goes up 2 levels every 30 mins. I got up to level 17 without receiving any drugs and not really feeling contractions. Eventually, I received Stadol twice and had reached my max. that was after the doctor broke my water at 10 AM. By 12:30 I got my Epidural....the most wonderful labor drug ever!! I was so grateful for it!! By 5:30 my doctor came in and said I was ready to push!! I was so excited to hear her say that because at that point I was thinking that we would have to have a c-section!! We started pushing by 6 and she was out by 6:31!
Oh my goodn
Even though labor was very long, I believe it was all worth it!! I still can't believe she is here! She is a blessing for sure! Even though times are tough there is nothing I would change! So blessed to have a child that God made for us to take care of and teach for the rest of her life!
No comments:
Post a Comment