The Shepherd Journey

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Life with My 2 Year Old

Oh how I love my dear child that turned 2 in January. She has developed more of a personality and definitely fallen into what's called the terrible 2's stage. She is so sweet but thinks she can do anything she wants such as color on the walls while daddy isn't looking...haha! Thank goodness for magic erasers. What would we do without them? Every morning when she wakes she hollers "mommy, mommy, mommy" until I come get her or her daddy. As much as I don't want to get up because I want to sleep that sweet little voice taunts my soul and makes me get out of bed and get her from her crib each morning. Her favorite thing to do each morning is drink her milk and cuddle with her mommy and daddy then she is ready to eat and go for the rest of the day. Right now her life consists of Fresh Beat band, Yo Gabba Gabba and Bubble Guppies. Mainly Fresh Beat Band that she is obsessed with. She also loves to go out to the porch when she sees the puppies and goes out to tell them hi and continues talking like she is having a complete conversation in her own little language. Not only do we go out to the porch but we have to go see the ducks out in the pond here at the apartment. She finds rocks every day to throw into the pond. The only way I can usually get her to go in the apartment is to bribe her with a popsicle :) Every day she will ask me for a pool party! She got that idea from her Fresh Beat Band. There is an episode where they have a pool party and so Kaelyn thinks she has to have a pool party with kiki and shout(the characters on the show). I am glad we got summer a little quicker than normal so she can have these so called "pool party." Kaelyn absolutely loves to be outside and would probably choose to be out all day if I let her. Not that I am complaining, it's good that she wants to explore and be out in the sun! About 2 Sunday's ago while Tim was at work I decided to take Kaelyn to the Children's Garden at the Aboretum, which I highly recommend if you have little ones. Its 3 dollars per per person and under 2 is free. They had garden tools and could plant vegetables that day and also got to water the plants. Of course Kaelyn like to water the plants because she is such a water baby. Speaking of water baby, she absolutely loved the Mist from the ground where she could run and play in them. She loved it so much she tried to lick the mist, it was absolutely priceless.
She also got to fish. They had cute little bamboo fishing rods and fake bait at the end of it to pretend to fish. I entertained Kaelyn a whole lot besides the mist. I wonder what she would do if she saw a real fish?
I love that Kaelyn enjoys the little things in life such as bubbles, playing "boo", her milk, suckers, pool parties, her little dude(favorite stuffed animal), her pink blanket(that she pretty much stole from my friend Caitlin, her animal book, balloons, fresh beat band, throwing rocks in the pond and being outside in general! Makes me become more like a child inside. Makes me feel like I can live through her childhood that I never really got! It's the little things we can't take for granted! For a child is truly a blessing, what a joy to have her in our lives!
Psalm 127:3 "Behold, children are a gift of the LORD, the fruit of the womb is a reward."

No comments:

Post a Comment