The Shepherd Journey
Sunday, May 27, 2012
Hope
As I think back about 4 1/2 years ago Tim purposed to me and inside the Bible I gave to him for Christmas there set my engagement ring by the verse Joshua 1:9 "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." This verse is now posted on a decor in our home above the door. I have felt at peace with this verse and always go back to it because it comforts me to know that God is always with me no matter where I do go including North Las Vegas. A place unfamiliar, a place away from home and would have never imagined I would have lived. I love God's promises and Joshua 1:9 I will always hold dear to my heart. It fills my heart with strength and courage knowing God is with me every step of my life. It also gives me hope! A hope in Christ that is fulfilling and not something the world can give us. Psalm 31:24 says "Be strong and let your heart take courage, All you who hope in the Lord." Hope is something we spoke about in Sunday School today and helped my mind wonder and I think what I really put my hope in. It's hard to not get caught up in the worldly hope such as for me, its my job and family. Sometimes I tend to want to lean on Tim to make me stronger thinking he can make things better for me. I have learned that I worry too much about what people think of me. That I tend to lean on what I can do to provide for our family financially. It's that natural feeling of wanting to be in control but I have to continually remind myself that God is completely 100% in control. I have to tell myself daily to rely on the Lord and not on myself.
We are moving to North Las Vegas in just a couple of days and worldly things are being stripped completely from my hands even though in reality its not "my control." First of all we are moving away from KY a place where Tim and I have both grew up all of our lives. We will not be around any family. I do not have a job which I have been looking for a nanny job for the past couple of months and nothing has turned up quite yet. It's difficult because I want to contribute financially but God is taking care of that through Tim's job and our supporters so far. So I am going with more of a humble of heart that God is providing and I will be a stay at home mom for now. Lots of things are changing but the more I am stripped from the wordily things the more I have to rely on God's plan and not my own. He is showing me that He is fully in control with every little detail. God has opened doors and we are going through them. We don't know exactly what God has completely in store for us but it's exciting to see God move. That He is bluntly in our lives and there is no doubt that God wants us to be in the mission field with Grace Point Church. God is moving and it's only the beginning for us. It's amazing to look back to the very beginning of what God has done in our marriage the "almost" 4 years we have been married. God has reassured us with His promises from the very beginning and we have committed to trust in Him and know that His plan is perfect and we will follow. We know it isn't going to be easy and that's ok because we have HOPE in Jesus that no matter what, we have future certainty that we will be with Him some day! It's a fresh breath of air to my soul that God is letting us be apart of the great commission! I can truly see that through Christ all things are possible!
North Las Vegas here we come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment