The Shepherd Journey

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Away

Baby girl is growing up and I am finally letting go just a little bit. At the beginning, I was very uptight and particular about Kaelyn being away from home. Now that its been 2 years I am up for a break every now and then. I felt bad for a while that I wouldn't let grandparents take her just for one night. Just nervous they wouldn't do what I wanted them to do or I had these would ifs...like will she miss me? What if she needs me? Now, that she can communicate a little and I am not so uptight of things such as her being on schedule. I have learned to let go a little and get a break. It's nice to be able to trust grandparents to take care of your little ones for a day or two. In fact, Kaelyn was away for 3 nights! We missed her terribly and glad that she is finally back home!
While she was gone. Tim and I went to Texas Roadhouse and ate a huge steak dinner...yum! Hadn't went out by ourselves in a long time! I can't remember the last time we had a dinner alone. We also went shopping and was actually out after 9. Haha! You got to love parenthood when baby's bed time is at 8!
Anyways, it's nice to have a break and I still don't regret the fact that I didn't let her go stay the night with grandparents before now. Its just when you feel ready. So Mamas don't let anyone make you feel bad for not letting your little ones stay the night as early as grandparents will want you to. As new parents its hard to let your babies be away. But it feels so nice to have the freedom of going out when you want to or just going out on a date with the hubbs! Every parent is different and it makes me feel better when I am not the only parent who didn't let their baby spend the night with the grandparents until she was almost 2.
Love my baby girl, she is dear to my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment