The Shepherd Journey

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Kaelyn is the Big One!


So a year has past and we have celebrated Kaelyn's 1 year birthday! I can't believe its been 1 year already! She is becoming such a big girl and Miss little Independent. She is now drinking whole milk and using her sippy cups. At first, I thought it was going to take a while with switching from bottles to sippys but it seemed to be no big deal! Thank goodness. We tried a while back around 10 months and couldn't find one that worked for her. So, I think we just needed some time to adjust and when she is ready. I am so proud of her!
We had her birthday party at our house on Jan. 8th. I almost kind of think it was a little cramped because we had about 20 ppl or more. But oh well, I think everyone had a good time besides it was all about her instead of everyone else! She got lots of good stuff like a princess ball pit, clothes, jewelry, a mit and ball which I absolutely love! Not that she needed anymore toys but she got them. That is the only down fall of having a baby close to Christmas!! But we are so grateful for her!! We may have to have a summer party just for her when she gets a little older! Other than that she is caught up on her shots and she is growing like crazy.


She weighs 19 lbs and her Pediatrician said it was fine to get her forward facing car seat, which we need to buy her in this month or next. Besides that she has been a very healthy baby except for today...when she woke up she had a terrible cough and it sounded like she couldnt breathe well. The cough almost sounded like seal sound as she breathed in deeply. So I called her pediatrician and we took her in...come to find out she has CROUP. Poor baby girl, she's had a runny nose all week and now she is having upper respiratory problems. So, we got her some meds and I hope that will take care of it this week!! Although, she is sick and I am so thankful for a healthy child. Oh and another update...she may have to have eye surgery depending on her eye duct. Since she was about 3 months she's had a clogged eye duct which makes her eye leak and everyone always ask if she has been crying. But of course its just her eye leaking. We go to an eye doctor on the 26th this month to see what he says about it. I know it involves general anesthesia at first and then if they have to go in another time she will have to be sedated. So lets just hope this whole eye duct thing finally opens up before next week and we wont have to deal with this issue. I would hate to see my baby be sedated or poked or prodded at or even restrained. I can't even imagine how they are going to stick a metal rod down her eye duct to even open it? But anyways, keep us in your prayers for her croup and her clogged eye duct that no matter what that she will be healed from her sickness.

1 comment: